This is the third of a weekly series of blog posts we are doing to help our followers get to know the staff at Farmhouse Frocks better.
It is Sydni's turn today and here are 50 tidbits about her we thought you might enjoy reading.
1. My title at Farmhouse Frocks is Website Coordinator & Lena's Assistant.
2. I was born right here in the heart of Amish Country.
3. I have a close relationship with my grandparents who live right next to us. They're the sweetest and I often go over to play card games with them. They travel a lot so when they are away in the summer I feed grandma's birds and water her flowers. When grandma had her knee surgery I carried a walkie-talkie so I would run over to her when she needed help.
4. One of my favorite memories of my grandparents is when they put up their house and poured the cement into the barn I was over there and my grandpa let me put my hand print in the cement.
5. I love going fishing with my dad and one time we went to this lake that was way back in the woods. We caught LOTS of fish and dad would laugh how I reeled in my line. Apparently I jerked and pulled like a maniac. Then on the way back I tripped and slid and he yelled out "And she's safe at third!" And we all laughed (my brother was there too) all the way back out of the woods.
6. Ever since I was really young my mom and I would go on these Country drives and take pictures for her blog. I'm really close with my sweet momma so we have funny inside jokes and I love being around her she just inspires me and encourages me when I need it. Lots of times we jam crazy music in the car. When I struggled with the anxieties and pressures I felt at school she would send me the "Jesus Calling" devotionals.
7. I'm not one to read books in general...I end up skipping pages, then chapters, then quickly read the last page to make me feel like I read the book. Oops. But I just recently purchased an Amplified Study Bible, and it has CHANGED my life. I also like to read my Bible App devotionals. My recent favorite bible verse is Deuteronomy 31:6 "Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble in dread before them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not fail you or abandon you.
8. When looking for a partner I think one should make a list of things that you want in a partner. Know your worth before finding it in a partner. Find a spiritual partner to walk through this life with you to make you laugh and encourage you.
9. I am resourceful and taught myself how to potty train at 1 years old and how to swim.
10. Purple and yellow are my favorite colors. I always have to stop and pick flowers on the side of the road if they are purple.
11. I have a massive love for animals. Growing up, in total we had two cats, 3 bunnies, 6 chickens, a black lab, a love bird (who had to go...cooing at 6 AM), probably dozens of fish, and my beloved Daisy. She has her own Instagram @littledaisya and she's the cutest ever. She sleeps with me every night and you can find pics of her on her Insta. ;)
12. I like to work around the house listening to Jesus music or rap music, big difference...I know but hey guilty pleasure.
13. The things that calm me down are taking deep breaths, praying...lots of prayer, lavender, my bed, and makeup videos.
14. When people don't say please and thank you. When I'm hot and my clothes are uncomfortable. These are two things that annoy me.
15. My favorite thing is when sunlight is glistening on something so beautifully that I feel a glimpse of heaven.
16. Reading about Jesus' life inspires me more than anyone or anything else.
17. My favorite charities are any that saves animals from suffering.
18. My sister and I have so much in common and have made so many memories. I will always remember our funny inside jokes, our slumber parties, our giggles, and memories of our travels.
19. My brother is a very hilarious guy. I will always remember sitting in the hottub and bonding and talking about life. Him going out of his way to ask how my day went. All the fun memories of playing together as children and popping moms yoga ball and we knew immediately we were gonna get in trouble.
20. Sunday after church it is important that our family spends time together. My favorite times are when we eat snacks and bond. Sometimes in the summer we have campfires in the evening and play games and eat popcorn.
21. When I’m alone I like to unwind or pray for others. I try to realize the things that I need to fix like my attitude about a situation or an apology I need to make.
22. I loved our trip to Cali where we saw the seals (you can find a pic on my Insta @sydniclaires way back) and our family vacas.
23. A peek into my bucket list.
- Whale watching
- Riding a camel
- Check out lavender fields
- Sky diving
- Ride an Elephant
- Float in the Dead Sea
- Walk behind a water fall
- See the Northern Lights
- Have my own star on the Walk of Fame in Hollywood
- Vaca in Bora Bora
- Give flowers to an old lady
- Hold every animal alive
24. If I could I would drive a plane just for fun.
25. I need seven hours of sleep to function well, although I have functioned on just three hours before.
26. The things that keep me up at night are the light on my charger, lol, I should really put something over it. And when immature boys play ding dong ditch at 2 AM.
27. My family talks openly about everything and we don't hold grudges.
28. Money is worthless. I don't like it. It's fun to have but it tears people apart.
29. Favorite parts of my day is in the morning and when I come home to my little Daisy.
30. Sometimes I have a dream or sort of a motivation right at the beginning of the day to get me moving.
31. My favorite drink is water. Or sweet tea, but mostly water.
32. I like to watch movies at home and the theater. I seem to like romance and Disney.
33. I like The Blind Side movie and anything with Melissa McCarthey, Jennifer Aniston, and Jim Carey in it.
34. My favorite song is Whom Shall I Fear (The God of Angel Armies) by Chris Tomlin and I like funky rap music.
35. I lose my phone often and my dog but here's my solution. I have a TILE that tracks Daisy with Bluetooth and when she goes out of range it notifies other users that she is close by. And when she's around and I can't find my phone, I just double click her TILE and it rings my phone.
36. The first concert I went to was Lorde, but idk it wasn't that good. I really liked Hosier, which was my second concert.
37. I embarrass myself frequently, most of the time I say stuff that doesn't make sense or I laugh at inappropriate times.
38. The smartest thing I ever did was making the decision to step out of a very unhealthy friendship. I learned a lot from that.
39. So many people have different views of God. They often times think he's up there with a big chair, deep voice, and stick to poke you. But in all reality he's more like a friend who really just wants to help you.
40. I just recently figured out that I'm kind of like routined. I love to wake up in my room filled with light, have my sweet Daisy sleeping next to me, then go eat my cereal.
41. I struggle with actually loving going out to eat I always seem to get the wrong thing. I wish menus were pictures instead of tedious words.
- J Alexanders (best everything and carrot cake to DIE for)
- Rebecca's Bistro
- Anything ice cream
42. If I was stranded on an island for the rest of my life I would want to take canned foods, granola bars, and nutty bars with me.
43. My dream vacation is Bora Bora.
44. My dream car would be a Lamborghini but I'm gonna wait to get one until I have my own house. Right now I'm saving up for my first car which I want to be a VW van renovated.
45. If I ever do mission work I want to work with orphans or animals.
46. Some of my favorite things about working at Farmhouse Frocks is the fun times we have together and being able to make a difference in people's lives, and having freedom of being creative.
47. My favorite Farmhouse Frock to wear is the Lizzie Tunic, its very versatile and easy.
48. The hardest thing I’ve ever done was going to middle school. I just felt such a darkness about middle school. Everyone was so cliche and I couldn't relate with very many people there. I was bullied about what I wore but I've overcome that now and realize that they were jealous and hurt people, hurt people.
49. Laying in the sun and having pool parties are my favorite activities in the summer. I love swimming. When I was little I wanted to be an Olympian.
50. My favorite Bible verse - Deuteronomy 31:4