What you need:
- 1½ c ketchup
- 1 c vegetable oil
- 1½ c vinegar
- 1 3oz pkg crab boil (open the pouch and
- 3/4 c salt
- 8 c water
- 6 lb chicken (tenders or breasts)
- 5 lb link sausage
- 2 lb shrimp (unpeeled)
- 12 potatoes (unpeeled, cut into wedges)
- 1½ lb baby carrots (cut into 2-3 inch pieces)
- 18 ears of corn
- 1-2 green peppers (cut into chunks)
- 24 oz mushrooms (whole)
- 3 large onions (cut into wedges)
- 2 sticks of butter
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt
Schedule if planning to eat at 6:30 PM:
5:00 - Leave burner on high at all times. Put broth to boil.
5:30 - Add potatoes and carrots
5:40 - Add sausage
5:50 - Add chicken
6:10 - Add mushrooms, onions, and corn
6:20 - Add shrimp & green peppers
6:25 - Turn the burner off and let sit for 5 minutes.
6:30 - Drain the liquid. I usually cover the table in kraft paper and dump the pot onto the table. Pour 2 sticks of melted butter on top and season with Lawry's Seasoned Salt.
- Have everything cut up and ready to drop in the pot before you start
- Suggested sauces: catsup, BBQ sauce, sour cream, & ranch dressing
Treat your family this weekend with frogmore, and tag @farmhousefrocks in your photos! I can't wait for you to try it. Enjoy!